|The Return to Freddy's 2|
|Engine||Clickteam Fusion 2.5|
|Release Date(s)|| Original: March 8th, 2015
Major Update(s): Cancelled
The Return to Freddy's 2 is a FNaF Fangame made by BFPFilms424 and the second installment in the TRTF Saga. This game is also a prequel to The Return to Freddy's Classic, taking place several decades before the 1st game. The next game in the series is The Return to Freddy's 3.
Welcome to your new and exciting career! In The Return To Freddy's 2, you are taking the night shift with Freddy and his friends with some new characters. They have just moved in a music box to replace an old worn down gift giving animatronic to keep the kids happy. What could go wrong? As the security guard working nights, your job is to monitor cameras and make sure nothing goes wrong after-hours. You are the first guard to work at this location. So to make your job easier, you've been provided with your very own empty Freddy Fazbear head, but during development of the building, some dust and other toxic things might have gotten in there. So don't wear it for too long.
The Return to Freddy's 2 was planned to receive a major update at a later date a while back on 2016, consisting of a big texture and coding overhaul (much like the first game's update). Following revivals of TRTF2's Major Updates would have also featured a complete graphical patch up, but they were all eventually cancelled due to different reasons. It was also planned to feature various Games Modes, some of which are:
Nightmare Mode, previously known as "Withered Mode", was a proposed one-night only game mode that could be unlocked after setting Freddy, Bonnie and Chica's AI to 6 each in the Custom Night menu. You would have played as Cawthon Cotts in a nightmarish version of Fredbear's Family Diner trying to avoid getting killed by Nightmare Lockjaw, the only active antagonist of the night, by rapidly wearing the Freddy Mask.
Dread Mode was a proposed game mode that was going to take place during the time when BFP died inside the Frankburt suit and Lockjaw was first given life. You play as Lockjaw trying to avoid the "Ghoul Animatronics", which are representations of his deepest fears, getting to his head.
- When an animatronic kills the player while they have the Freddy Mask on, the mask will not be removed like it is in FNaF 2.
- Kitty FazCat and Dug's jumpscares rarely rendered in the early versions of the game. In fact, Dug's jumpscare doesn't even occur on the final released built of the game.
- The Return to Freddy's 2's update was planned to include Nightmare Lockjaw, as seen in the trailer for The Return to Freddy's 5.
- According to TRTF: The Dreadful Truth, this game takes place in November 1987.
- The Return to Freddy's 2's main menu theme is actually just FNaF 2's but reversed.
- The Demo Main Menu Is Diferent.
NOT ALL SCREENSHOTS AND TEXTURES GO HERE